Church is dispersed, not canceled.
During this time of social distancing we will be having worship services online only. But, we want to stay in touch with you and will be communicating on our Facebook page and website and through emails & texts. Text GRACE to 605-884-5225 to stay informed and continue to Encounter Grace, Grow in Grace and Give Grace to others.
Catch our online worship services here.
GracePoint: Praying Through the Pandemic
During this time of uncertainty, the one thing that IS certain is we serve a God Who is sovereign over all! Knowing this, we are coming together—as the Body of Christ—to engage in a 24/7 Prayer Challenge over the next week, lifting up our community, our nation, and our world to the One Who saves!
In today’s “busyness" culture, we know many of us might not be in the habit of devoting a full hour to prayer. So, if you’re not sure where to start, consider the following as a guide for an intentional hour of prayer.
1 - Peaceful
Take some time to quiet yourself before God and meditate on His Word.
- Select a passage of Scripture—for instance, one of the Psalms—and read through it slowly.
- Spend about 10 minutes re-reading, absorbing, and simply reflecting on God’s Word.
- When you’re ready to respond, pray silently, out loud, in writing—or a mix of all three.
2 - Prayerful
With the ACTS model as a guide, and the Psalms as your example, consider using a timer on your device to devote 10 full minutes to each of the following.
- Adoration: Praise God for His goodness, His power, His love and grace and mercy, His mighty works and His presence in all of Creation!
- Confession: This isn’t just admitting things you’ve done wrong—it’s about being just plain honest with God, telling Him the truth of how you really feel right now.
- Thanksgiving: Express your gratitude to God for all of His blessings in your life and the lives of others, naming His good gifts specifically, one by one.
- Supplication: Lift up the needs you're looking to God to answer, starting with your own and working outward to your family, your church, your community, your nation, and the world!
3 - Prepared
Spend the last 10 minutes of this hour seeking God's Holy Spirit for the work He has prepared for you today.
- Ask for a word from the Lord; ask Him to write His Word on your heart and on your mind.
- Invite His Holy Spirit to direct your focus, to help you be aware and care for those around you.
- Simply be still, and listen—asking only for knowledge of His will and His power to carry it out.
- If you sense a specific stirring or response from God, take a few moments to write about it.
Remember this hour doesn’t end your time with God; He is present in every moment! Carry your prayers with you throughout the day and let the word of Christ dwell within you richly.